From: R C Mitchell <rcm@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installation problems on AMD64 box
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:34:52
1 On Friday 28 November 2008 12:55:06 Andrea Momesso wrote:
2 > An easy way to find out if this is a gentoo related problem is to
3 > avoid using the livecd.
4 > You can easily chroot into the gentoo drive from your ubuntu
5 > installation and try to emerge
6 > gentoo-sources from there.
7
8 Ok, I've done this. gentoo-sources emerged without any problems. I've set it
9 compiling a genkernel (if I am convinced by what I get when it's all working,
10 I'll try compiling a custom kernel. It's currently running without mishap.
11
12 > If you still get a failure you can be almost sure this is an hardware
13 > problem.
14
15 I haven't had a problem yet so I can't say anything.
16
17 I'm going out for a couple of hours later so I'll run a memtest while I'm
18 gone.
19
20 Rosie
23 CURRENTLY READING: The Rainbow, by DH Lawrence
24 Pie'n'Mushies: Barrow Day-by-Day http://pieandmushies.wordpress.com
25 I am not young enough to know everything