From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Understanding sets
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 17:41:53
1 Zeerak Waseem writes:
2
3 > I have some questions about sets:
4 > 1) Sets are just files with one package per line in /usr/portage/sets,
5 > right?
6
7 I think it's /etc/portage/sets instead. And there are also meta-sets like
8 system, world, module-rebuild, preserved-rebuild and more, defined in
9 /usr/share/portage/config/sets.conf. There is a little documentation in
10 the emerge man page, but I have no idea where else sets are documented.
11
12 > 2) Can a set be included in the world file?
13
14 I don't think so, sets go into /var/lib/portage/world_sets.
15
16 > 3) With set files in /usr/portage/sets and running "emerge -u @foo"
17 > portage yields that @foo isn't a valid package atom, any idea why this
18 > is?
19
20 Your portage is too old? In case of an error, you should get an "emerge:
21 There are no sets to satisfy 'foo'" message, and a list of known sets.
22
23 Wonko