From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Atheros kernel driver and my wireless access point setup
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 07:45:37
1 On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 01:33:35 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Also, I think emerge used to have the --digest option. Basically it
4 > tells emerge to skip checking the digest. I didn't see it in the man
5 > page so it may not be there anymore.
6
7 It was dangerous, because it ignored digests for all packages emerged,
8 not just the one. Instead use
9
10 ebuild /path/to/ebuild manifest
11
12 You should copy the ebuild to an overlay before doing this, or this will
13 be undone at the next sync.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 "God created the world in six days. On the seventh day he also decided
20 to create England... just to try out his Practical Joke Weather Machine."