From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sandbox violations when installing a Python package
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 14:32:27
1 On 12/06/2017 09:08 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I hope somebody can help me.
5 >
6 > I've written a new ebuild for "dev-python/imapclient-1.1.0" (the
7 > latest version in the tree is version 0.13)...
8 >
9 > Ebuilding this packages dies of a Sandbox Violation:
12 Post the full build log and ebuild? I was able to get the new version to
13 compile and install after using "sed" to loosen the sphinx dependency,
14
15 sed -i "s/1\.5/2.0/" setup.py || die
16
17 and after removing the two lines,
18
19 rm imapclient/six.py || die
20 epatch "${FILESDIR}"/0.12-tests.patch
21
22 Before I fixed the sphinx dependency, the "build" phase was trying to
23 download crap from the internet. That failed due to
24 FEATURES="network-sandbox", but if you're not using that FEATURE, then
25 it may have crashed further down the line for you.