From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Grub/Boot font problems
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:55:54
1 Hi,
2 On an install I'm trying to get working when grub comes up I get no
3 screen. It's just black. If I hit enter the machine starts booting
4 fine.
5
6 Once it starts booing the first line or two looks good but then the
7 fonts become messed up and pretty much unreadable. It stays this way I
8 get to the two lines that say:
9
10 Setting terminal to UTF-8
11 Setting user font
12
13 and then everything becomes readable.
14
15 What kernel config items do I want to look at to fix this?
16
17 Or is there possibly a boot line option for this sort of thing? I
18 am currently using no options at the boot line.
19
20 Note that this is an older NVidia card.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Mark
24 --