From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] hostname
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:15:35
1 Hi,
2
3 I know this is a recursive question, but this weekend I've been
4 reisntalling a box, and, as I had some hostname problems, I decided to
5 look for "the definitive answer".... I did not find it.
6
7 Finally, decided to set hostname and dnsdomainname in /etc/conf.d/
8 files. But with that set, hostname -f gave me errors.
9
10 So I set in /etc/hosts:
11
12 127.0.0.1 locahost
13 my_IP hostname.domain.com hostname
16 And hostname commnad returned correct values.
17
18 Is this the definitive way of doing it?
19