From: kyle.bader@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to tie module name to Kernel CONFIG
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:42:54
1 Its a tigon 3 broadcom nic if that helps, I can get the .config line once I beat traffic
2 Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
3
4 -----Original Message-----
5 From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
6
7 Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:56:30
8 To: <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
9 Subject: [gentoo-user] How to tie module name to Kernel CONFIG
12 Summary:
13 How can I tie a module name (tg3) to a kernel config line?
14
15 Details:
16 Usually its kind of obvious if you dig around in .config a bit, but
17 now always.
18
19 I find the module at /lib/modules/2.6.24*/:
20 ../kernel/drivers/net/tg3.ko
21
22 But I haven't been able to nail that to a kernel config line.
23
24 Searches inside menuconfig on TG3 turn up nothing.
25
26 grep -i tg3 of the .config file find nothing. I'm pretty sure it
27 located between
28
29 `# Protocols'
30 (line 1139)
31
32 and
33
34 `# Wireless'
35 (line 1327)
36
37 I'm sure it could be different in different .config files but those
38 two section headings should be there... maybe not on those line
39 numbers.
40
41 It is a section that covers many of the network drivers
42
43 After scanning there I still am not sure where tg3 comes from or what
44 it is.