From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: In search of a hint/ides: Loop recording of a webcam
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 14:48:27
1 On Sat, 6 Sep 2014 14:59:34 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > I already have a script hacked together with a gst-launch command,
4 > which is able to fetch the Full HD hardware encoded stream from
5 > the C920 and put it on the harddisk.
6 >
7 > But I failed in creating a script which allows me to simultanously
8 > watch the material which gets recorded just in the same moment.
9 >
10 > Is there any software or script or <fill in something appropiate here>
11 > which does this loop recording as described above AND is able to pull
12 > the Full HD stream correctly from the C920?
13
14 Have your script send the video stream to stdout and pipe it through tee,
15 which will both send it to a file and back to stdout, where your video
16 player is listening.
17
18 Have you actually tried using motion detection software? I don't know how
19 powerful your system is, but I have motion processing three SD
20 streams simultaneously with no significant CPU usage.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.