From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Java problem
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 03:42:13
1 On 05/22/2010 01:10 PM, David Relson wrote:
2 >
3 > * Unable to determine VM for building from dependencies:
4 > * Failed to determine VM for building.
5
6 Well, I've seen those error messages more than once. If I were
7 half-a-bottle more sober, I'm sure I could remember how I fixed
8 the problem.
9
10 Gentoo offers two (competing?) ways to specify the system-vm.
11
12 #eselect java-vm
13 Usage: eselect java-vm <action> <options>
14 Extra actions:
15 list List Available Virtual Machines
16 set Set a new system or user vm
17 show Show the current vm
18
19 #java-config
20 Usage: java-config [options]
21 -L, --list-available-vms
22 List available Java Virtual Machines
23 -S VM, --set-system-vm=VM
24 Set the default Java VM for the system
25
26 I seem to recall that the important things changed by these two
27 gizmos are some symlinks like, for example:
28
29 /etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm -> /usr/lib/jvm//sun-jdk-1.6/
30 /usr/bin/java -> run-java-tool
31
32 Maybe I can remember more details tomorrow.