From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: E17 and package.use
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:01:56
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 20:12 on Saturday 20 November 2010, walt did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > On 11/19/2010 03:46 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > Been using e17 for years :-)
6 >
7 > But you use kde too, right? How do you choose which one to use today?
8
9 Until about a year ago I primarily used e17 but also had most of KDE installed
10 and used it occasionally.
11
12 The current push to actually get an e17 release out the door after 10 years
13 (!) has been going on for about a year and the e17 svn tree changes a lot on a
14 daily basis. To get work done I had to start using KDE more and more often
15 (and luckily the brokenness from the first few kde-4 releases was mostly gone
16 by then).
17
18 I still rebuild e17 about once a week or so and give it a good test. I always
19 intended to go back to e17 once it stabilised but in the meantime I have
20 become rather attached to plasma, so it looks like a hard choice is coming
21 down the road
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com