From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dual boot: XP installed last?
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:32:00
1 Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > you just have to rerun grub setup.
5
6 Hmmmm,
7
8 If I install XP in the partition and it writes over the MBR,
9 then, upon reboot, how do I get to grub.conf so I have the
10 option to reboot the gentoo, then run grub setup?
11
12 something like this for my previously shown setup?:
13 grub> root (hd0,0) (Specify where your /boot partition resides)
14 grub> setup (hd0) (Install GRUB in the MBR)
15 grub> quit (Exit the GRUB shell)
16
17 Do I run grub setup when XP is booted up?
18 Should I use a lived CD to boot up and fix grub?
19
20 easy and painless is what I had in mind...
21 Not to mention any potential gotchas....
25 James
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list