From: Michel Catudal <mcatudal@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 17:12:49
1 Le 2015-08-29 12:57, Mike Gilbert a écrit :
2 > If you want an "OS-independent" boot loader, the syslinux family of boot loaders might be a good choice for you. Or keep using grub legacy. Just don't expect either of them to be able to boot Linux from ZFS, or ext4 on lvm on luks. That's where grub2
3 > comes in handy.
4
5 Thanks, I will look a that. All I care about booting on is ext4. I used to have reiserfs but since the guy in charge is in jail I switched to ext4.
6 For windows I use a separate PC. I might do the same thing with ecomstation eventually.
7
8 Michel
11 For Linux Software visit
12 http://home.comcast.net/~mcatudal