From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python:2.7 and removing it early
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 20:56:23
1 On 04/05/2020 20:57, Dale wrote:
2 > Alessandro Barbieri wrote:
3 >> At least
4 >> gimp-help
5 >> scribus
6 >> nut
7 >> fbpanel
8 >> are Python2 only, didn't check stuff from overlays
11 > That makes sense.  I can see where some can work with old and new python
12 > but some appeared to be still stuck on the old 2.7.  Guess I'll have to
13 > wait since I use those.  Maybe they will be updated soon.
14 >
15 Another app that's 2.7 only is the current version of lilypond. The new
16 dev version I think can run without python2, but certainly building the
17 stable version demands it. I *think* if you get the pre-compiled binary
18 the current version can run (crippled) without python2.
19
20 Cheers,
21 Wol