From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vsftpd anonymous upload illegal PORT command
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 04:20:44
1 On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 03:46:50PM +0100, Mick wrote
2
3 > > I did manage to get the video game transferred with tftp, after a bit
4 > > of extra work. I don't know if it's the old OS/2 Warp tftp client, or
5 > > part of the protocol, but it can only transfer files up to 33553920
6 > > bytes in size, i.e. 32 * 1024 * 1024 - 512 bytes. 32 megabytes looks
7 > > like some sort of coded-in limit. I had to do the transfer in pieces
8 > > less than 32 megabytes. I still want to get anonymous ftp working.
11 > Sounds obvious, but did you try using a different client to connect
12 > to the ftp server anonymously and see what you get?
13
14 I originally tried with the ancient OS/2 Warp ftp client from inside
15 the QEMU VM. Then I switched to testing the connection with net-ftp/ftp
16 from the Gentoo machine hosting the QEMU VM. The Gentoo client gives
17 more verbose error messages, but fails just like the ancient OS/2 Warp
18 ftp client.
21 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
22 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications