From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lilo & ReiserFS on 64 bits
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:42:23
1 On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:13:19 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > I've just done a diff on the 'x86' & 'amd64' versions of the Handbook.
4 > The latter warns against using ReiserFS or Lilo on a 64-bit system,
5 > both of which are my longstanding preferences.
6 > I plan to install the 64-bit version of Gentoo on my new box.
7 > Does anyone have experience or advice to offer in this area ?
8 >
9 > (Thanks to those who commented re quad-cores: I plan to get a Core 2
10 > Duo)
11
12 I'm running ReiserFS on a Core2Duo system, and used it for three+ years
13 on an Athlon64 box before that, with no problems. I've not tried LiLo on
14 it, but only because I much prefer GRUB.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 All generalizations are false.