From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: DRM kernel issues
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:57:09
1 Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > But compiling the driver still fails, despite making DRM[m]
5 > > as suggested:
6
7 > This much works fine here:
8
9 > # Generic Driver Options
10
11 SNIP
12
13 > Regards,
14 > Mick
15
16 Hey, thx Mick. This problem is related to my quandry of how to manage grub2
17 efficiently. It's likely to take me days/weeks to experiment and
18 figure out what to do, exactly. I find interesting snippets about Grub 2
19 around the net, few well written documents. If rebooting is an
20 unpredictable exercise, it makes kernel refinements and debugging
21 an event for lots of cursing; not that I curse machines (too much).....
24 I'll post back when I've made some progress (either forward or backward).
25
26 thx,
27 James