From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Permissions error on starting X.
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 08:50:24
1 пт, 9 нояб. 2018 г. в 2:20, Hervé Guillemet <hg@×××××××.fr>:
2 >
3 > Le 07/11/2018 à 04:59, YUE Daian a écrit :
6 > > I got "setblabla error: cannot open /dev/tty0 (permission denied)".
7 > >
8 > > A possible solution without changing anything unnecessary is to run
9 > > startx as "startx -- vt1".
10 > >
11 > > No need to change permission/ownership of anything.
12 > > It is just required that the user is in "video" group. No "tty" or
13 > > "input" needed.
14 > >
15 > > I presume it is because your user does not have access to TTY other than
16 > > its login TTY. So if you log in by "tty1", just start X in "vt1".
17 > >
18 > > Hope that helps somehow.
19 >
20 > Thanks for this tip. This worked for me but adding the user to "input"
21 > group was also necessary.
22
23 Have you tried the alternative method described here:
24 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Non_root_Xorg