From: Bryan Whitehead <driver@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 14TB filesystem problems...
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:24:48
1 So if I use a non-traditional partition... then I should be good?
2
3 On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Richard Fish wrote:
4
5 > On 11/11/05, kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >> Bryan Whitehead wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>> I need a big partition, and have a 14TB raid5 (with hot spares)
9 >>>
10 >>> I get this problem:
11 >>> [root@dbay ~]# fdisk /dev/sdc
12 >>
13 >> fdisk is known to have issues with large volumes. I don't recall offhand
14 >> what the best tool is, but I believe partd and cfdisk would work better
15 >> than fdisk. However they may some quirks of their own with that much space.
16 >
17 > The largest partition possible in a traditional PC partition table on
18 > any disk with 512-byte sectors is 2TB.
21 > -Richard
25 >> kashani
26 >> --
27 >> gentoo-user@g.o mailing list