From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] netmount vs. nfsmount
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 11:13:17
1 On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 10:51:02 +0100
2 Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I have noticed that I have two init scripts for mounting NFS
7 > filesystems, netmount from sys-apps/openrc and nfsmount from
8 > net-fs/nfs-utils. At the moment I have both of them in my default
9 > bootlevel but I think that just one of them would be enough, am I
10 > right? And if so, which one should I choose (which is more "up to
11 > date"). I am mainly using NFSv4.
12 >
13 > Regards,
14
15 netmount explicitly refers to nfsmount by name in start(), checking if
16 nfsmount has done it's thing then taking appropriate action. netmount
17 comes from openrc which is rather new and had a large overhaul before
18 finally being released.
19
20 This implies it's a deliberate action by the devs to have both there.
23 Alan McKinnnon
24 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com