From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to emerge bugzilla w/ postgresql
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 03:14:42
1 On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 16:08 -0700, Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
2 > I am creating a new gentoo server, and I am in the handbook section to specify USE variables.
3 > No matter how I errange my USE variable in the make.conf,
4 >
5 > emerge --update --pretend bugzilla -- wants to use mysql
6 >
7 > [ebuild N ] dev-db/mysql-4.1.20
8 > [ebuild N ] dev-perl/DBD-mysql-2.9007
9 >
10 > ...
11 >
12 > USE="server symlink bugzilla sshd postgresql -mysql -mysqli postfix -X -xorg -berkdb -kde -gnome
13 > -metacity"
14 >
15 > Is there a way to override this selection and have postgresql and DBD-pg installed instead?
16
17 It is a bug in the ebuild dependencies. It has a hard dependency on
18 DBD-mysql, which in turn has a hard dependency on mysql.
19
20 It appears to be fixed in the later unstable ebuilds.
21
22 For information on how to install unstable ebuilds, read Chapter 3.
23 Working with Portage in the handbook.
24
25 Regards,
26 Paul
27 --