From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] {OT} rdiff-backup: push or pull?
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 04:59:51
1 I'm setting up an automated rdiff-backup system and I'm stuck between
2 pushing the backups to the backup server, and pulling the backups to
3 the backup server. If I push, I have to allow read/write access of my
4 backups via SSH keys. If I pull, I have to enable root logins on each
5 system to be backed-up, allow root read access of each system via SSH
6 keys, and I have to deal with openvpn or ssh -R so my laptop can back
7 up from behind foreign routers. The conventional wisdom online seems
8 to indicate pulling is better, but pushing seems like it might be
9 better to me. Do you push or pull?
10
11 - Grant