From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - Need help setting up a name-based virtual host in Apache
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:36:09
1 I hope this email gets to the list. My last post didn't. This is
2 semi-urgent. Over the past year I've been developing a PHP-based web
3 interface for my college's music festival. This web interface would
4 allow participating directors to enter all their information via the
5 Internet, rather than having to send it to us and having us do all the
6 work. The interface is now ready for widespread use (as opposed to the
7 handful of directors I've had testing it and returning feedback.) The
8 problem is this: The web address of the interface is
9 http://camille.espersunited.com/~festival . I want to them to be able
10 to use http://festival.espersunited.com because it's easier to remember
11 (some of them don't remember that they have bookmarks.) I created a
12 file in /etc/apache2/vhosts.d for this:
13
14 camille vhosts.d # cat 01_festival_vhost.conf
15 <VirtualHost *>
16 ServerName festival.espersunited.com
17 DocumentRoot /home/festival/webspace/html
18 <Directory /home/festival/webspace/html>
19 Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
20 Order allow,deny
21 Allow from all
22 </Directory>
23 </VirtualHost>
24
25 >From the information I can find for what I'm trying to do, this seems to
26 be the correct syntax. I set up a CNAME record in my espersunited.com
27 DNS configuration to point festival.espersunited.com at
28 camille.espersunited.com . However, when I reloaded apache2 and went to
29 http://festival.espersunited.com, instead of seeing the interface
30 at /home/festival/webspace/html/index.php, I
31 saw /var/www/localhost/htdocs/index.html . Is something wrong with my
32 config? Please help!
33 -Michael Sullivan-
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list