From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Horrible TrueCrypt performance
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:42:13
1 Whoops! I for got to write an update. Two months ago, I wrote:
2
3 > I have to copy some 100 G of files from one to another USB drive. Both
4 > are formatted with NTFS, the destination drive already has a truecrypt
5 > container file where I need to store the data into.
6 >
7 > This is sort of working, but the speed is waayyyy too slow. After about
8 > four hours, only 8 G were copied.
9 [...]
10
11 The problem was the TrueCrypt container file. What I did instead was to
12 format the whole drive as a TruCrypt volume, which took about two hours I
13 think. When I mounted the partition, copying speed was as fast as it
14 should be.
15
16 Wonko