From: "Albert W. Hopkins" <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tcl in your system...
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:34:26
1 On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 11:33 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > Just wondering if anyone here ever use Tcl for scripting (i.e., automating
3 > repetitive procedures) or even *gasp* serious programming.
4
5 At a previous job we had licensed some software that was written in
6 TCL.. and even had an API for the system. I can't recall the name of
7 the software at the moment, but it was very specialized so not cheap.
8 This was during the late 90s/early 2000s.
9
10 I have no idea if the company is still around of if they still sell the
11 software or if it's still tcl-based (my memory fails me).
12
13 -a