From: Nick <gentoo-user@××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Removing a nuissance message regarding FreeFontPath on exitting X
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:52:43
1 Hi there,
2
3 My gentoo system is now in the lovely state that I can start asking
4 more asthetic, perfectionist questions.
5
6 Every time I quit X (after starting with startx, regardless of
7 window manager) I get the message:
8
9 FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is
10 2, should be 1; fixing.
11
12 Evidently it doesn't do a very good job of fixing, as the message
13 appears every time. I tried mkfontcache etc to no avail, and was
14 wondering if anyone else experiences this, what it means, and how to
15 stop it complaining?
16
17 Thanks for any advice / clues.
20 Nick
23 GPG Key : www.njw.me.uk/nick.gpg.asc GPG Key ID: 04E4653F
24 GPG Fingerprint: 9732 D7C7 A441 D79E FDF0 94F6 1F48 5674 04E4 653F