From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] loop devices not present
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:44:05
1 Hi all,
2
3 Kernel 2.6.20-gentoo
4
5 My various /dev/loop/* devices used to always JustWork, until a recent
6 update. Unfortunately I can't tell when the breakage happened.
7
8 Right now what happens is I don't get these devices automatically
9 and 'mount - o loop' fails. A simple 'modprobe loop' fixes this, the
10 kernel is configured as I've been using it for ages:
11
12 config-2.6.20-gentoo:CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=m
13 config-2.6.20-gentoo:CONFIG_KMOD=y
14
15 Oddly, I never had 'loop' in /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 before
16 (I do now), anyone know of a recent change that would cause this?
17
18 alan
21 Optimists say the glass is half full,
22 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
23 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
24
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
27 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list