From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unwanted cursor change
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 05:03:13
1 On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:58:02 -0400 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Yesterday, I updated to gtk+-3.14.9 ,
4 > which required installation of x11-themes/adwaita-icon-theme .
5 > This new unwanted pkg created a dir under /usr/share/cursors/xorg-x11
6 > & a symbolic link 'default->Adwaita', which changed my mouse cursor.
7 > Not liking the new cursor, I did some research, found the dir responsible,
8 > did 'mv default default-dft', restarted X & restored the old cursor.
9 >
10 > This looks to me like a bug. Does anyone have comments before I file it ?
11
12 Yesterday, I also updated to gtk+-3.14.9.
13 x11-themes/adwaita-icon-theme-3.14.1 also was installed anew.
14 The link /usr/share/cursors/xorg-x11/default -> Adwaita also present on my system.
15 But I do not see any change in my mouse cursor.
16
17 Well, may be, I have a very short visual memory and the cursor really was white
18 with black canvas, while now it is black with white canvas...
19
20 But if it is the only change, it really is for the better
21 because now it is more visible on the white background.
22
23 (And I do not use dark background, so cannot say how it looks on it.)
24
25 So, I see no need to file a bug.
26
27 P.S. I use xfce4.