From: Douglas James Dunn <douglas.dj.dunn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] highpoint raid
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 01:57:50
1 I have a athlon xp 3000 processor and a DFI LanParty KT400A Socket A
2 Motherboard, 1 gig of ddr ram. I think i am having kernel config problems
3 with it. I am using the highpoint raid. when i installed linux i had to use
4 the 2004.3 disk with the smp kernel. I'm not really sure what the
5 differences between the kernels are. i know i couldnt get the 2005 live disk
6 to work i couldnt get it to work it always seems to blow after highpoint
7 drivers come online. but they seem to work ok. there isnt any obvious error
8 messages.
9
10 im not trying to get the raid to raid i just want to be able to see and use
11 the drives. I know it works with the 2004.3 smp kernel the booting stops in
12 exactly the same place when i try to boot the 2005.0 disk as when i try to
13 boot my own system. I know i can get lilo to boot it
14
15 I couldnt get grub to load the kernel, it hangs early not sure but lilo
16 works fine. if cedega or wine could play eq2 it would bother me more.