From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Handbrake: Is it is or is it ain't in portage
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:22:00
1 On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > My underling thing, if anyone can make other suggestions, is that my camera
3 > broke, and I had to get
4 > one in a hurry, and didn't really know what to look for.  I wound up with a
5 > fairly good Sanyo 1080p camera
6 > and video recorder that's super light, and not too expensive.  The problem
7 > is that its videos are MP4s,
8 > which are definitely not ready to put on a web site, and I know nothing
9 > about transcoding.   My previous
10 > camera took acceptable .avi videos, which had worked with most folks
11 > browsers.  The MP4s are huge
12 > and in a weakly supported format.
13
14 You might want to check out kdenlive which is a full-featured video
15 editor (using mlt as backend) but includes a simple transcoding
16 function and several presets for many different formats (with the
17 added bonus that you'll be able to edit your raw video should you so
18 desire).