From: Chris Frederick <cdf123@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] bluetooth keyboard on embeded device
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 13:46:49
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have a C-BOX 134 system that I'm using as a mythtv frontend. It's
4 running a VIA Nehemiah 1Ghz processor, which with XvMC can play dvds and
5 ripped movies just fine, but doesn't have a whole lot of horse power for
6 anything else.
7
8 I recently received a bluetooth keyboard that I'm trying to get working
9 with the system. I can get it working with bluez using the old-daemons
10 use flag and manually running 'hidd --search' while the keyboard is in
11 discoverable mode, so I know it will work, but I'm having a lot of
12 difficulty setting it up.
13
14 In order to get the keyboard into discoverable mode you have to press a
15 button with a paperclip. Also since it's not paired yet, when the
16 keyboard enters a "sleep" mode, it won't reattach to the pc when it
17 wakes up. So I can't just add the hidd command to the startup scripts
18 and have it work. I've tried to set up the /etc/init.d/hidd startup
19 script, but it doesn't seem to want to connect to the keyboard that way.
20
21 I've tried bluez-libs/bluez-utils versions 2.25 and 3.36, and bluez
22 4.39. The 2.x versions gave me compile errors with some undefined
23 variables. 3.x and 4.x seem to work ok, but I can't make sense of the
24 documentation for either one, and the examples that are provided always
25 error out.
26
27 Does anyone here have a bluetooth keyboard/mouse setup and working? Or
28 does anyone know where a good, working walkthrough/howto/wiki on how to
29 set one up?
30
31 Thanks in advance.
32