From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM on VM or not? - WAS Re: Best filesystem for virtualized gentoo mail server - WAS: vmWare HowTo / best practices
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 16:32:51
1 On Sun, 2013-04-21 at 12:15 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > But I've found lots of opinions that using LVM in a virtualized
3 > environment can lead to data corruption, and if this is true, I'd rather
4 > not risk it...
5 >
6 > So, LVM or not?
7
8 This is surprising to me, because at my former employer we used LVM for
9 all of our virtual machines in Xen. It performed quite well, and we
10 never experienced any data loss due to that setup. LVM gives a lot of
11 flexibility in managing virtual machines, so I'd highly recommend it.
12
13 I believe LVM devices can be passed to KVM guests as well, though I have
14 never personally tried that.
17 Randy Barlow