From: Stefan Schmiedl <s@×××.de>
To: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a way to list orphaned services?
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 10:44:21
1 "Daniel Frey" <djqfrey@×××××.com>, 13.12.2019, 01:52:
2
3 > The problem is I was removing packages without doing `rc-update del
4 > <service> <runlevel>`, leaving them added in the runlevel with no valid
5 > script/symlink.
6
7 Hi Daniel,
8
9 if you have color on your terminal, try
10
11 ls -l $(sudo find -L /etc -type l)
12
13 The combination of -L (follow symbolic links) and -type l
14 (entries must be links) produces all broken links below
15 the given search root.
16
17 > Now, I could just do `ls -al /etc/runlevels/*` and search manually for
18 > broken symlinks and then manually remove them.
19
20 "man find" is good bedtime reading.
21
22 s.