From: Ian Hastie <ianh@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ot Light Scribe
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:30:09
1 On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:36:19 GMT
2 Kellystewart00@×××××××××.au wrote:
3
4 > I have recently upgraded my dvd burner which has the light
5 > scribe fuctionality(being able to burn the label into the top of the
6 > disc with the laser) i have searched everywhere but havent been able
7 > to find anything to support this. Its not a major issue but if anyone
8 > has found anything to use this feature your help would be greatly
9 > appreciated.
10
11 There is a information and support support site run by HP.
12
13 http://www.lightscribe.com/
14
15 They provide some usful stuff including generic drivers and software
16 for Linux.
17
18 http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/linux/index.aspx
19
20 Unfortunately it appears the standard and software are both closed.
21 This means that as I run AMD64 Linux I can't say how well it might work
22 with my system. 64 bit support would be nice, but I doubt it'll be any
23 time soon.
26 Ian.
27
28 EOM