From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] VM experiences and faqs?
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 06:20:31
1 I have a 4-core Intel i3 (/proc/cpuinfo dump below) running 64 bit
2 Gentoo. I want to try hosting 32-bit Gentoo and also OS/2 Warp 4 on it.
3 What are people's experiences with different VM environments? Google
4 searching turns up a lot of out-of-date blogs/wikis. My CPU...
5
6 processor : 3
7 vendor_id : GenuineIntel
8 cpu family : 6
9 model : 37
10 model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
11 stepping : 2
12 cpu MHz : 2933.000
13 cache size : 4096 KB
14 physical id : 0
15 siblings : 4
16 core id : 2
17 cpu cores : 2
18 apicid : 5
19 initial apicid : 5
20 fpu : yes
21 fpu_exception : yes
22 cpuid level : 11
23 wp : yes
24 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
25 mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
26 syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good
27 xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2
28 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm arat tpr_shadow vnmi
29 flexpriority ept vpid
30 bogomips : 5851.93
31 clflush size : 64
32 cache_alignment : 64
33 address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
34 power management:
38 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>