From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I detect that I'm on Gentoo?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:15:26
1 On Monday 26 March 2007 15:36, Jules Colding wrote:
2
3 > So, how do I detect that I'm on gentoo? Anything like lsb_release
4 > here?? I can see that lsb in masked so I'm preferably looking for
5 > something that is present in most gentoo installations.
6
7 Well, not a very hi-tech solution, but I think that if you find files and
8 directories like /usr/portage, /etc/gentoo-release, /etc/make.*, etc.
9 you can reasonably assume you are running on gentoo.
10 --
11 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list