From: Farhan Ahmed <farhanahmed06@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lots of missing gentoo-user mail
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:48:22
1 Andrew Frink wrote:
2 > On 7/27/06, Ralph Slooten <axllent@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >
63 > >--
64 > >gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
65 > >
66 > >hello,
67 > i hear that it's a "problem" with gmail, it would seem that if you sent the
68 > mail to a thread it doesn't show up in your inbox.. as it already has a copy
69 > and isn't "new" mail
70
71 This seems not the problem in this case as I'm using GMail and am
72 receiving all the mail's to the mailing list. The "feature" of GMail
73 whereby the mail sent by the person is treated as duplicate when
74 received through list is not guilty of this "problem", as Ralf has not sent
75 any replies to the above mentioned thread's (did not had the time to
76 check every thread, but checked two).
77
78 This seems like a problem which is affecting some subscribers and not
79 all. This is odd.
80
81 Hope this gets resolved soon.
82 Farhan Ahmed
83 --
84 Place : Bangalore, Karnataka, India
85 GPG Key : 8BE90E98
86 WengoPhone ID : farhanahmed
87 IRC Nick : farhanahmed / farhanahmed06 (irc.freenode.net)