From: "木叶" <enjoysilence@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] screen tearing when moving windows...
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 04:02:18
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm suffering screen tearing when moving windows around, watching
4 videos, and some other situations. I've tried almost all popular desktop
5 environments, including KDE, gnome(both traditional gnome 2 and new
6 gnome 3), and xfce, the issue always exists except in gnome 3. For the
7 main difference between these window managers, is gnome 3's window
8 manager (mutter) is based on opengl, I think there may be some problems
9 with my card's 2D acceleration. But'cat /proc/mtrr' shows everything is
10 well.
11 My graphical card is Nvidia Geforce GT240M, and I'm using the official
12 Nvidia drivers.
13
14 Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue? Any
15 help much appreciated!