From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get /dev/cdrom
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:29:28
1 On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Why is it not being mapped correctly?  Is the rule above not correct?
3 > I've tried to read tutorials about writing udev rules, but the example
4 > rules in the tutorials look nothing like the above rules, and I didn't
5 > write those.  I think they were created when udev was installed...
6
7 I guess you don't really have 6 optical drives installed? :)
8
9 Some of those have -ide- in the device name, did you change form IDE
10 to ATA kernel driver at some point (like most everyone else did)?
11 Maybe that's why. New entries are generated for drives that don't
12 match existing rules, which is probably why you see your SOHC-5236K
13 down at cdrom5 as well...
14
15 If you delete the file and reboot, it'll create a new one based on
16 your currently-installed hardware config. Hopefully that'll solve it
17 or at least clean up that file to the point where you can manage the
18 changes more easily.