From: Johannes Skov Frandsen <joe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't start apache
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 08:44:24
1 Hi everybody
2
3 I just installed apache 2.2.4-r1 on my server. When I try to start it
4 just after it has been emerge I get this error:
5
6 # /etc/init.d/apache2 start
7 * Starting apache2 ...
8 apache2: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for marvin
9 apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified
10 domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName [ !! ]
11
12 when I try to edit the Servername variable in httpd.conf to 'localhost'
13 and start apache again this happens:
14
15 marvin joe # /etc/init.d/apache2 start
16 * Starting apache2 ... [!!]
19 The server obviously don't s start, but I get no error messages and I
20 can't locate the server log (httpd.conf suggest they are located in
21 /usr/lib/apache2/
22 but htere is no logs there).
23
24 Anyone had similar problems and found a solution?
25
26 regards Johannes
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list