From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Webmin Question - was Print to cups printer from Windows?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:31:41
1 On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 17 December 2008 20:59:54 Mick wrote:
3 >> On Wednesday 17 December 2008, Dale wrote:
4 >> > Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >> >
6 >> > I know I had webmin installed for a long time but rarely used it. I
7 >> > just couldn't remember if I used it for setting up printing from windoze
8 >> > or not.
9 >>
10 >> A friend is running webmin on a server and it makes setting up some
11 >> services (like CUPS) easier to visualise/understand. However, the login
12 >> into webmin is set up with the root passwd. This on an Internet facing
13 >> port is making me nervous, but he is sooo attached to GUI solutions I
14 >> cannot convince him that ssh is all he needs.
15 >
16 > Have you tried using a clue by 4[1] on him?
17 >
18 > It's the tried and trusty Unix tool developed for this very use case
21 > Best demonstrated by pwning his box with a brute-force attack, followed by the
22 > spoken word "See?"
23 >
24 > --
25 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
28 Gawd I love good Linux lists with cool contributors. There is so much
29 for me to learn!
30
31 What the heck is "a clue by 4[1]"?
32
33 I suspect this is a dumb question but I freely admit that I'm.... Oh,
34 no I don't! ;-)
35
36 - Mark