From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Removing excessive stuff from profile
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 04:50:01
1 Hi all,
2 I have recently purchased a cubieboard:
3
4 http://cubieboard.org/
5
6 which is an ARM device with SATA. It is going to become a low power
7 media server. I have followed the instructions on getting Gentoo onto it
8 as outlined here:
9
10 pluto7777.blogspot.com.au Monday March 18, 2013
11
12 I get a working system up and happening when I do the first boot. I then
13 do the profile selection as listed but there are no server profiles, all
14 basically desktop orientated. I chose 27 as suggested but when I do the
15
16 emerge --pretend -NuD world
17
18 I get an emerge that has over 250 items and includes things such as
19 cups, libraries for image viewing etc etc, all stuff fine for a desktop
20 but just additional stuff that my little server won't need.
21
22 So my question is, what files do I have to fiddle to stop portage from
23 wanting to install all of these additional files? I've looked in the
24 world file and there is basically nothing there so I'm guessing it's in
25 the profile somewhere - but just where?
26
27 Any thought, greatly appreciated,
28
29 Andrew