From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE plasmoids/widgets collapsing on the floor?
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 11:01:51
1 I have no idea what is causing this. This is a new installation with a KDE
2 desktop. The PC has two monitors and was set up to have different widgets in
3 each desktop - this was necessary with the current KDE version to be able to
4 have different wallpapers for each virtual desktop.
5
6 Only the first virtual desktop has widgets (plasmoids).
7
8 The left monitor is connected to the PC with DVI, the right monitor with HDMI.
9 No monitor is set as the primary monitor, but I have also tried it with the
10 left being the primary monitor.
11
12 All desktop widgets are locked so they don't move around.
13
14 Every time the user logs out/in all widgets in the left hand monitor have
15 moved/dropped from the top of the *left* screen only to the bottom and overlap
16 each other. The right screen behaves as it should.
17
18 When the user reboots, rather than logout/in the widgets stay in their
19 assigned positions on the left desktop. :-/
20
21 I am not sure why this happens. Why it happens in the left monitor only (DVI
22 connector). Why they fall all the way to the bottom behind the KDE toolbar.
25 Regards,
26 Mick