From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] prevent users from shutting down while other users logged in
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 17:31:14
1 On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 16:19:29 +0000, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
2
3 > I often have the kids working on my main ~amd64 PC (XFCE, OpenRC,
4 > -consolekit) while I ssh into it doing some maintenance from an old PC.
5 > Often they shut it down without telling me first, so I loose part of my
6 > stuff. Is there a way to tell XFCE/elogind/PAM/lightdm/whoever to not
7 > allow shutdown from a regular user while another user is logged in? I
8 > understand that logind/systemd provides the system-inhibit [1] user
9 > command just for that, but I don't find the analogous for
10 > OpenRC/elogind.
11 >
12 > Basically I'd like that:
13 > - if there is more than one user logged in, either locally via lighdm
14 > or remotely via SSH, the shutdown XFCE button is grayed out. Once all
15 > users except one have logged out, the button is again available
16
17 Can you configure the shutdown/reboot command called by XFCE? If so, you
18 can set it to a script that checks whether anyone else is logged in
19 before either executing the shutdown or displaying a "Daddy's using the
20 computer" dialog.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 A seminar on time travel will be held 2 weeks ago.