From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to nail the order of modules loaded
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 06:50:27
1 In <20090620195455.7bb3f7dd@××××××××××××××××××.uk> neil@××××××××××.uk (Neil Bothwick) writes:
2
3 >--Sig_/.KFxtR6gb4d9wtxUesjzg7P
4 >Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
5 >Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
6
7 >On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 16:10:20 +0000 (UTC), Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
8
9 >> In this case it is eth1 which doesn't work if tulip is loaded before
10 >> de4x5.=20
11
12 >As previously requested,please try to be a bit more specific than
13 >"doesn't work".
14 If Tulip is loaded first no packets get in and out of the card that
15 needs de4x5.
16
17 >> I also do not think that building the modules in the kernel
18 >> gives me any control over the order in which they are discovered.
19
20 >It does if you build one into the kernel. But this is a kludge, depending
21 >on the meaning of "doesn't work", either a udev rule or module options
22 >should handle this cleanly.
23 You can now hear me slapping my hand on my forehead. That's it! Why didn't
24 I think of it? Thanks!
25
26 Konstantin
27 --
28 Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@×××××××.de
29 Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
31 "Captain, this ship will not survive the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres