From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: eix
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 08:43:20
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > use to match the <arg> string against all three:
4 > (1) gentoo tree /usr/portage
5 > (2) the /var/lib/layman/ overlays I had installed and manage with layman
6 > (3) my /usr/local/portage local ebuild placed in /usr/local/portage/
7 >
8 > Now, only option (1) shows the embuilds
9
10 Very likely you have chosen inappropriate cache methods
11 for the ebuilds with eix, or the corresponding data is not readable
12 by user/group portage/portage (250:250):
13
14 The recommended way of using the metadata cache method works only
15 if your overlay provides that metadata or if you call egencache to
16 generate it. However, there are also other possibilities as sketched
17 in the section SPEEDUP in the eix manpage.
18
19 If you need further help post the output of eix-update.
20
21 In any case: Check whether user/group portage/portage has the
22 permissions to read overlays and metadata.