From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I (user) can write to / ... but why?
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:34:35
1 On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 09:00 +0200, Ralph Slooten wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
6 > > No. It isn't mounted by you. You own it (at least this directory). Use
7 > >
8 > > find / -xdev -uid 1000
9 >
10 > Ahh, so what you are saying is that I own the "/" directory. Hmm, how
11 > could that have happened, and on 2 separate machines? I never thought of
12 > "/" being a directory,
13
14 this is unix, everything is a file, so / is a file, it just happens to
15 be the filetype that is a directory.
16
17 Sorry I have no idea how you came to own it though.
18
19 > more like the base there initial directories were
20 > placed on. Anyway, when I get home today from work I'll check and change
21 > the permissions. Thanks for the heads-up.
26 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list