From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] scanner problem : latest
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 10:04:12
1 On Thursday, 19 July 2018 10:29:19 BST Philip Webb wrote:
2 > (1) I've tested 'iscan' & the result is the same failure as 'xsane'.
3 >
4 > (2) I've checked the contents of /etc/sane.d as they are now,
5 > as they were at my last back-up before 180626 (when scanning worked)
6 > & as they are in the Mint partition, where scanning still works :
7 > there's no significant difference between the 3 versions.
8 >
9 > (3) Following one suggestion, I tried renaming ~/.sane ,
10 > but that makes no difference either.
11 >
12 > (4) I've run 'strace' with 'iscan' & on the Mint system :
13 > the output is at http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/xsane-trace.d1
14 > & the other 2 "trace" files there. The Mint version seems to find
15 > a file in /usr/share/iscan-data , which the others don't find,
16 > but that file is present in my Gentoo system.
17 >
18 > Does anyone have experience interpreting Strace output files ?
19 >
20 > When I updated the kernel recently, I also had to update Nvidia-drivers.
21 > Is it possible that that could have affected Xsane + Iscan ?
22 >
23 > This really is a puzzle : any further suggestions are very welcome.
24 > Thanks again for the others so far.
25
26 I can't recall if you mentioned any differences in the kernel versions and
27 their configs between Gentoo and Mint?
28
29 Have you compared the strace outputs between Gentoo and Mint too to see if
30 anything stands out?
33 Regards,
34 Mick