From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Virtualbox VMs not running under 3.0.0-gentoo
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 00:10:24
1 Hi,
2 I just got around to trying my Virtualbox VMs under the new 3.0.0
3 kernel and they aren't working. It says vboxdrv is not set up. I drop
4 back to 2.6.39 and they run fine. Please note I really mean only the
5 VMs won't start. The Vbox GUI runs fine but then cannot start the VMs.
6
7 I used make oldconfig to get 3.0.0 working so maybe that caused the
8 problem but I don't yet see what's wrong looking at the config files.
9
10 Most likely this is some problem caused by the new numbering but I
11 Googled around looking for a solution and didn't find one. Has anyone
12 else here checked Virtualbox under the new kernel?
13
14 Note that VMWare seems to be running fine under 3.0.0, only
15 Virtualbox is failing.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Mark