From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] two NICs -> kernel crash ?
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 14:09:25
1 On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:08 AM, Helmut Jarausch
2 <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > on my HP625 I run a bleeding edge Gentoo (kernel 3.3-rc6).
6 >
7 > If the notebook is connected by an ethernet cable, the net comes up just
8 > fine.
9 >
10 > If I disconnect it from ethernet and start net.wlan0, the WLAN comes up just
11 > fine.
12 >
13 > BUT, if it's connect to ethernet, and net.eth0 has been started, the kernel
14 > crashes badly (i.e. no SysRq anymore) if I start net.wlan0 in addition.
15 >
16 > Is this a configuration error by me or a kernel bug.
17 > The WLAN card is a Broadcom BCM4313 with the BRCMSMAC driver.
18 >
19 > Many thanks for your help,
20 > Helmut.
23 1) Do you need such a leading edge kernel to support your hardware,
24 etc.? If not consider droping back to something more stable.
25
26 2) As you are Broadcom based there have been some networking
27 regressions reported on LKML about Broadcom NICs. Consider reporting
28 this on LKML. It's likely a configuration they haven't tested.
29
30 Good luck,
31 Mark