From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting genkernel to use newer dmraid
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 00:41:03
1 On 01/-10/37 11:59, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Monday 11 July 2011 10:09:38 Daniel Frey did opine thusly:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> I've been trying to get genkernel to use a newer version of dmraid.
6 >> For some reason, genkernel is using a build from 2006 (!)
7 >>
8 >> I've tried an ubuntu livecd which uses a build that's available in
9 >> portage that works with my fakeraid. All this to try to dual-boot
10 >> using a raid 1+0.
11 >>
12 >> I've discovered /etc/genkernel.conf has settings for this, so I
13 >> tried changing them:
14 >> -----
15 >> #DMRAID_VER="1.0.0.rc14"
16 >> DMRAID_VER="1.0.0.rc16"
17 >> DMRAID_DIR="dmraid/${DMRAID_VER}"
18 > You sure about this one?
19 >
20 > That lack of a leading "/" looks mighty suspicious
24 The only two lines I changed are the ones I commented out (so I only
25 changed DMRAID_VER and DMRAID_SRCTAR.) If I revert the changes, the
26 default initramfs with the included dmraid build properly.
27
28 I suspect there's a build directory somewhere buried deep down that I
29 can't find. I'm going to try to dig into this a little deeper...
30 although I do need a new motherboard soon. I'm starting to dislike the
31 reliability of Asus motherboards. I've had three fail now (different
32 models) so I ordered an Intel board to replace this current one. I
33 wouldn't be surprised at this point if the motherboard is the cause of
34 my grief.
35
36 Thankfully I have a laptop or I'd be going through serious internet
37 withdrawal symptoms. :)
38
39 Dan